Paintball is becoming an incredibly popular game, as it combines all the thrill of a battle along with strategy, survival, and a good aim when shooting! It requires quite a lot of gear, mainly a good gun able to shoot out the paint with which you’ll hit others.
If your paintball gun isn’t high-quality, it might jam midway through the game and leave you defenseless, so it really is important to get one as good as possible.
The issue is that usually the best paintball guns are also the most expensive, and not everyone can invest that much money into a single item out of the overall gear needed.
Does that mean you’re doomed? Not at all. It might take some more digging, but there are some budget-friendly options in the market that are just as high-quality if you know what to look out for.
Finding the budget-friendly options can be pretty tricky, especially when you’re trying to make sure that they’re reliable enough to keep you on your A-game.
To help out, we’ve compiled a list of our top nine picks for the overall best paintball guns under 200, providing reliable and high-quality options that are accessible!
All you need to do is choose the one most suited to your personal needs and preferences.
In a hurry?
Whether you’re just starting out in paintball, or you’re wanting to keep your gear on a budget, finding a high-quality paintball gun is somewhat of a priority if you want to play to the best of your abilities.
If you’re in a hurry to find a reliable and accessible paintball gun for under 200, we recommend you check out our number one top choice: the Action Village Kingman Spyder Epic Paintball Gun Kit.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
The Action Village Kingman Spyder Epic Paintball Gun Kit is most definitely an epic product option, and our top pick thanks to the amazing value that it presents, as it is not only a budget-friendly paintball gun, but an entire kit with extra gear and accessories!
It is also one of the most popular among customers, with plenty of positive reviews and ratings to back it up as a reliable product. It’s ideal for entry-level paintballers, as it is dependable and requires very little maintenance.
As a semi-auto gun, it’s powered by gas and it is incredibly efficient, making it a high-quality option that can 100% get you through the game.
The kit also comes with an Empire’s X-Ray mask, an Empire 20oz CO2 bottle, a Warrior’s Deluxe 4+1 paintball harness, a Gen X Global standard 200-round paintball hopper, and Dye’s Alpha Pods which can hold 150 rounds of paintballs.
It also has a few other bits and pieces, making this product an absolute bargain and the perfect budget-friendly starting pack for paintballing.
All of the items are highly reliable and present an incredible standard of quality for the price, so this is truly, without a doubt, the best possible option for an all-in-one purchase to get you ready for paintball, for under 200!
- Full starter paintball kit - incredible value, best possible option by far
- Semi-auto gun powered by gas - highly efficient and powerful
- Also included with the kit: Empire’s X-Ray mask, Empire 20oz CO2 bottle, Warrior’s Deluxe paintball harness, Gen X Global 200-round hopper, and Dye’s Alpha Pods for 150 rounds of paintballs.
- Very high-quality for the price, with reliable items and great overall performance
- Popular and recommended option - ideal for entry-level paintballing
- No downsides whatsoever - this is perfect for paintball beginners
When it comes to accessible and budget-friendly options within the paintball world, Tippmann is by far one of the best leading brands, with plenty of different options that cater to different preferences, and many high-quality designs.
It is no wonder, therefore, that there are so many Tippmann products on our list of top picks! The Tippmann TMC MAGFED Paintball Marker is an authentic Milsim Styled tactical paintball marker, semi-automatic and able to perform extremely well.
It has an adjustable FPS between 250 and 325, and it includes two 20-round spring driven magazines. It has a dual-feed option, making it more versatile, for either Go MagFed or a traditional loader.
It also features adjustable front and rear sights, for enhanced accuracy, as well as an integrated Picatinny rail for further customization.
As a Tippmann product, it includes a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, along with a dedicated team of technical support to help you with any issues or questions you may have!
- Leading brand - highly reliable and good performance
- Adjustable FPS between 250 and 325
- 2 20-round magazines included
- Dual-feed option - versatile and convenient
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty and technical support included
- Accuracy can be improved
The Spyder Victor Semi-Auto Paintball Marker is another amazing product option, highly popular amongst customers and able to provide you with a great performance for an accessible price.
It has an air efficient EKO valve system, with a patent pending, that can shoot up to 1500 shots, with a 20oz CO2. The aluminum body makes it incredibly durable while remaining fairly lightweight, making it perfect for intense and long games.
It also features a non-slip rubber grip panel, with an external velocity adjuster. It can withstand impact for a long-lasting use across many games.
It’s a great value product, as it provides you with many advanced features, at a budget-friendly price, letting you compete at higher levels without having to invest as much!
- Advanced features for an accessible price - great value
- Patent-pending air efficient EKO valve system
- Average of 1500 shots per 20oc CO2 tank
- Non-slip rubber grip panel and an external velocity adjuster
- Highly durable and resistant to impact
- The hose needs to be extra secure to avoid gas leakage
The Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum Series Paintball Gun is not only a high-quality budget-friendly option for those looking for a good accessible paintball gun, it is also highly popular and has made quite a name for itself.
It’s semi-automatic and very easy to use, with reliable and consistent performance. The split receiver design that it features provides you with quick access to the internal components, making it easy to modify and upgrade the gun to your liking in the future!
The integrated Picatinny rail also allows for easy customization and additional accessories. It also features Anti-Chop technology (ACT) that minimizes the paint breakage, ensuring that it doesn’t get jammed and that it remains functional throughout the whole game.
It’s also very durable and resistant to impact, making this a long-lasting option with great value!
- Highly popular custom design - provides high-quality performance
- Semi-automatic and easy to use - reliable and durable
- Split receiver design allows quick access to the internal components - easy to modify
- Integrated Picatinny rail for further customization
- Anti-Chop Technology to minimize paint breakage
- No significant downsides
Another highly popular and reliable choice for a budget-friendly and high-performing paintball gun is the Tippmann Stormer Elite Paintball Marker.
It features a dual-feed modular design that can be converted as desired to be fed by a hopper or a magazine, making it a versatile option that adapts to your own needs.
It also has an internal gas line, giving it plenty of power for high and consistent performance. It’s been constructed to be high-impact and durable, able to withstand regular and intense use out on the field.
It also has a proven in-line bolt design, characteristic of Tippmann products, and a bottom mounted asa.
For the price, it’s an incredibly high-value product, which is why it is so highly recommended to paintball players.
- Dual-feed modular design - can be used with a hopper or with a magazine
- Internal gas line - high and consistent performance
- Constructed to be incredibly high-impact and durable
- In-line bolt design and a bottom mounted asa
- Great for entry level but struggles to keep up with more advanced paintball guns
If you’re looking for an aesthetically appealing and high-quality paintball gun within your budget range, the Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball Marker might just be the product you’ve been looking for.
It combines its high-performance with an incredible durability, making this product one of the most reliable and consistent over time.
It features the Tippmann in-line bolt system, in a high-impact composite body that comes with soft over-molded rubber grips for comfort and control.
It also features four integrated Picatinny rails, giving you plenty of space to add accessories and customizations, to better suit your shooting style needs.
With fixed front and rear sights, it’s also great for enhancing your accuracy, and overall, it’s an ideal accessible option to keep up with other more advanced paintball players.
- High-performing and incredibly durable - reliable and consistent
- In-line bolt system with over-molded rubber grips
- 4 integrated Picatinny rails - highly customizable
- Fixed rear and front sights for enhanced accuracy
- Incredible value for the price - able to keep up with more advanced options
- No significant downsides
The Tippmann US Army Project Salvo Paintball Gun is yet another great Tippmann product option that is able to offer a reliable performance at a budget-friendly price.
It has a semi-automatic mechanism with an open bolt blow-back that can be operated with CO2 and other high pressurized gases or air, making it versatile and powerful.
In fact, it can fire around 8 paintballs per second with a reliable performance, making it a great option for keeping up in a more advanced game.
With four integrated Picatinny rails, it is also highly customizable, making it adaptable to your own shooting style needs.
Its solid construction ensures that it is durable and highly resistant to impact, making it a long-lasting and high-value marker. Definitely worth it for the price!
- Semi-automatic mechanism with open bolt blow-back
- It shoots 8 paintballs per second - reliable and efficient performance
- 4 integrated Picatinny rails for customization
- Solid and durable construction - resistant to impact
- Not very accurate, and it feels lower quality than other options on this list
The Azodin KAOS 3 Paintball Gun is a sleek-looking product option that is popular amongst those looking for a highly maneuverable and lightweight paintball gun, plus it’s available in different colors to suit your preferences!
It has a 12-inch multiphase honed barrel and a slim nylon double trigger frame. It provides a reliable and consistent performance, making it a great choice for the accessible price.
It also features an adjustable feather regulator and a screw-lock fedneck. It’s compatible with both CO2 and HPA, making it versatile and flexible in the way that it is used.
Although it lacks in any advanced features, it’s a solid simple design that will allow you to paintball without a struggle.
- Lightweight and highly maneuverable design
- 12-inch multiphase honed barrel
- An adjustable feather regulator and a screw-lock fedneck
- Compatible with both CO2 and HPA
- Solid and simple design - reliable performance
- Some customers have claimed that this gun is prone to malfunctioning after some time - not very durable
Last but not least on our list of top picks under the price of 200, we have the Maddog JT Stealth Paintball Gun, which actually includes more than just a paintball gun, as it is a starter kit!
The gun is a semi-automatic, with a .68 caliber. It’s ideal for entry-level players, as it is lightweight and compact, with a double trigger for faster firing.
The design is blacked out, allowing for a clean and tactical look that is perfect for stealth. It also has ergonomically-designed foregrips, for enhanced control, and an internal airline system.
As it’s a kit, the product also comes with an industry-standard 20oz CO2 tank, a 200-round gravity-fed paintball hopper, a safety-certified anti-fog paintball mask, and a barrel squeegee.
With so many items included for the accessible price, this is an incredibly good value option, providing you with all the essentials to get started with paintball.
It also comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty and technical support service that is available to help you out with any issues or questions.
- Starter kit - ideal for entry-level and incredibly high-value
- Semi-automatic with a lightweight and compact design
- A double trigger for faster firing and ergonomically-designed foregrips
- Also included with the gun: a 20oz CO2 tank, a 200-round paintball hopper, a safety-certified anti-fog paintball mask, and a barrel squeegee.
- 1-year warranty and technical support service included with the product
- No significant downsides
Best Paintball Guns Under 200 Buying Guide
Buying all of your paintball gear can be quite an investment, as high-quality paintball products, especially the guns, can be pretty expensive.
If you want to play your best and eventually reach a more advanced level, you can’t cut corners on the reliability and quality of the paintball gun. However, you can find some budget-friendly and accessible options, if you know where to look.
As it can be quite tricky to determine which products are cheap and not worth it, and the ones that are accessible but high value, we’ve put together this small buyer’s guide.
In it, we summarize the basic factors that we like to take into consideration when picking out our favorite paintball guns for under 200.
Design and Type of Gun
Before anything else, you need to ensure that you know what type of paintball gun you’re looking for. Semi-automatic paintball guns are the most popular, and on average, the most recommended, so if you’re not sure we recommend that’s the type you go for.
As for the design, it can tell you a lot about the quality of the gun. Usually, for entry-level, it is recommended that you get a more lightweight and compact design, as it will allow you to get used to the dynamic without struggling with the weight or size.
Durability and Reliability
A lot of the more budget-friendly options for paintball guns tend to cut corners with the material used for the construction, which then affects the overall quality and durability. If your cheap gun breaks easily, it’s going to end up costing you more to have to buy another.
That is why it is so important to make sure that the gun is highly durable, with a body construction that is resistant to impact. After all, other people are shooting at you too, and your paintball gun needs to be able to withstand those shots without malfunctioning or jamming.
As for the reliability, the gun needs to offer a decent or high performance in a consistent way. If it’s good for a few days and then fails, it’s no use. Paintball guns need to be long-lasting.
The more possibility for customization, the better the gun will be, as it means you can add further features and items onto it in the future to make it even better.
Integrated Picatinny rails are a big plus, as well as any guns that have quick access to the internal components, as it allows for easier modifications and upgrades when you are able to.
We absolutely recommend that you look out for starter paintball kits, as they will come not only with a decent-quality paintball gun but also with all of the essential and necessary accessories that will allow you to begin playing paintball.
These kits tend to be very accessible in price, and the large number of components that they come with make for an incredible overall value. However, you need to check each item and ensure that they haven’t included cheap and low-quality items to cut corners.
- 6 Best Paintball Markers - January 21, 2021
- 8 Best Tactical Backpacks - January 21, 2021
- 6 Best Military Paintball Guns - January 21, 2021